Saturday, December 4, 2010

Presidential Award


It's hard to find a balance between Mom and self. For a while I was going to the gym every morning before my daughter woke up. This gave me my much needed workout and a little time to myself. Then came my good friend day light savings. Why is it that no one tells 1-year-old's about the time change? Boom! Just like that my morning workout was replaced by a baby who was awake one hour earlier. Upon pondering my predicament I realized that I spend 90% of my time at the gym on the treadmill. Solution? Move the treadmill to the great outdoors. I get my exercise, my daughter loves the time outside looking for planes and listening for dogs, and everybody wins.

My biggest motivator to get out and get going? This website. I was the type of kid who would bend over backward to get a prize out of the treasure chest in Elementary School and I think that's the reason I like this website so much. Every time you exercise, simply log your minutes and they are given a certain number of points based off of the intensity of the exercise. I've already earned my bronze award and most of my points came from my morning baby strolls. I highly recommend this program to get you up and off the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment