Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Lesson in Produce

At the grocery store today I decided to let my almost 2-year-old pick out whatever she wanted from the produce section. She wanted some ears of corn. I thought it was a great choice. She carried around her two ears of corn our whole trip around the store. I kept telling her it was corn, but I'm not sure she believed me until we got home and peeled off all the leaves. She was pretty surprised when she saw the kernels underneath all the green. She carried her cleaned ears of corn around the house with her for a while, and even tried to take a bite out of one. She then helped me fill up the pot of water and put the corn inside. She was so excited when I put the corn on the table for dinner. I asked her who made the corn and she replied, "MEEEEEE!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment