To make ice cream in a zipper bag you will need:
- 1 quart zipper freezer bag
- 1 gallon zipper freezer bag
- 1/2 cup half and half, or whole milk
- 1Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Enough ice to fill the gallon bag about 1/2 full
- 6 Tbsp. salt --Table salt works fine for this.
- In the small zipper bag pour in the milk, sugar and vanilla. Seal tightly and set aside.
- In the large bag pour in the ice and the salt. Carefully put the smaller bag with the milk mixture inside the larger bag with the ice.
- Shake the whole thing for about 5 minutes then remove the smaller bag and enjoy your ice cream!
We added some food coloring to make it orange so it could go with our theme for the week. I'd say it was a success.