Monday, February 20, 2012

The Perfect Cupcake for Those Kids Who Eat Entirely Too Much Batter

My little girl looks forward to everyone's birthday in the hopes that cupcakes will be involved. This little girl absolutely adores cupcakes! She especially loved helping to make them and snitching more than just a little batter. I always worry about the raw eggs. My husband had salmonella many years ago while he was in England. He said it was the most miserable he has ever been. I would like to say that the paranoia of that happening to my children keeps them from eating cookie dough and cake batter, but that's just not the case. However, I found this recipe the other day that makes me feel much better. The recipe is very simple. It goes as follows:

Combine 1 cake mix and one can of diet soda. Mix and bake according to the directions on the back of the box.

Yup, I told you. It's pretty simple.
The best part about this recipe is that when you add the diet soda to the mix, it makes lots and lots of bubbles, which my girl loved. It turned into a science experiment and a snack.

As for frosting, we went the healthy route and plopped some non-fat 'whipped topping' on the top.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I haven't read this blog for a long time and I have to say that you are a SUPER STAR mom and I want to come live at your house. I know my kids would like to.

    But second of all, I didn't know that Christian has had salmonella! I have a huge fear of getting salmonella (Brad likes to tease me by licking egg cartons or some such nonsense that makes me hyperventilate). But I've never known anyone (besides Anastasia Krumpnik's aunt, and she is fictional) who actually HAD salmonella. I'm SOOO glad he is still alive to tell the tale.

    But I'm always looking for "alternate ingredient" recipes so we can eat the dough/batter/whatever raw (I have a good cookie dough recipe on my blog). So thanks!

    ReplyDelete