Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Catching Some Sun

If you are a Pinterest Junkie like myself, then you've probably seen these sun-catchers before. They are easy-peasy. You take a bunch of plastic pony beads, put them in a muffin tin (or if you are my 1-year-old then you put them in, take them out, put them in, take them out, put them in, throw them at your sister), and bake in the oven, creating a nice burnt plasticy smell, at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. The next step recommended is to drill a hole in each one and hang them up. I thought to myself, great, I don't own a drill. So I came up with my own brilliant (if I say so myself) idea. I simply put a metal rivet in each muffin tin before I baked them and they came out perfectly. They are now hanging beautiful over our back sliding glass door.

No comments:

Post a Comment