Friday, September 28, 2012

Sneaky Snacks

Sometimes being a parent is all about being deceptive. Recently, trying to sneak move veggies into my kids diet, I started adding carrot puree when I make mac and cheese. Doesn't look very out of the ordinary, does it? I don't think they would actually mind if I told them (like do like vegetables, they just like cheese more), but I know my husband would ABSOLUTELY mind (I hope he doesn't read this post!).



 I feel like I'm constantly struggling to get protein in my kids. While they're big fans of nuts, they are usually not to thrilled about meat. I decided to try getting them to eat some 'eggs in a basket' (toast and eggs). The plan was to throw on some sprinkles and call it 'Party Toast'. They went for it, hook, line, and sinker.
Now let me clarify, I'm not really a proponent of sugaring up regular meals, but I figured it couldn't hurt when trying something new, right? Oh, and just for the record, this picture was taken before I finished cooking. I didn't actually serve them raw eggs.
What creative things do you do to get your kids to eat something they wouldn't otherwise?

No comments:

Post a Comment