Saturday, September 15, 2012

Walk About

What started out as a trip to the park turned into a walk around the neighborhood, which ended up being way more fun. It all started when we were getting out of the car to go to the park and my daughter looked down the street and said, "Mom, can we go on that bridge?" I thought about it for a moment, and then said, "Sure!". She was as pleased as punch. Off we went. Once we got to the top of the over pass, the kids got a thrill from seeing the cars drive under their feet. I'll have to admit, it's been a while since I've been up on one of these things and I kind of got a thrill as well.

After we went on the bridge, we saw a high school football team out practicing. After several shouts of "Football! Football! Football!" from my son, we headed over to go watch. We walked around a little more and not only watch the football practice, but also cheerleading practice, soccer practice, and across the street, baseball practice. For an 18-month-old who is obsessed with balls, it was a very successful afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment